That’s right, definitely don’t delete the default version….

All of the other versions that you have created can remain forever if you like.

When you reconcile, post and compress you’ll get the best results if no other users are connected at that time. That also includes map services unless they have been setup not to lock the features.

It really is that simple, just make sure you reconcile and post each version once. And then do them all again. This way the first version will get the last version’s updates from default.

No need to recreate versions, map services (might just need a refresh) or mxd’s.

Of course you might get conflicts, but that’s whole other topic.

Lee