From: Northeast Arc Users Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Peter Lemack
Sent: Monday, October 9, 2017 12:52 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: SDE geodatabase versions

You can do all manual post and reconciling in either catalog or desktop.

Post, reconcile, delete, compress, create new versions.

Peter

On Oct 9, 2017 12:47 PM, "Peter Lemack" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dont delete default!

On Oct 9, 2017 12:24 PM, "Lingeman, Samuel" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello, I’m hoping those on the listserve smarter than myself can help me out.  I have a versioned SDE geodatabase.  I need to do a compress to state 0, but I have a number of versions at this point.  My understanding is that I have to post and reconcile, delete all versions (including default?), compress and rebuild statistics and finally recreate versions.  I know there’s automation tools etc, but I’m just looking for a manual process at this point.  My question is do I really just recreate the versions with the same names and everything  and things like webservices and mxd’s etc. just work after that?  It’s that simple?  Nothing breaks?  Much thanks in advance.

Sam