Happy Monday! Your weekly reminder of GIS Day is here. This one is important. Our GIS Day registration page is live, and we need you to register. The entire event is free and open to the public, although registration is REQUIRED, especially if you plan on attending one of the hands-on workshops or if you are planning on eating a lot of cake. Agenda highlights are listed below, and available on the GIS Day webpages (CT GIS Network website or the GIS Day at Yale website). Additionally, we will be holding a digital maps and story maps competitions, with cash prizes and goodie bags. Don’t miss out on that, submit your projects through the links below. I hope you can make it, it’s going to be a great day. Feel free to email me with questions!

Connecticut GIS Day at Yale, Wednesday, November 15

Third Floor, Kroon Hall, Yale University – 195 Prospect Street, New Haven, CT – [log in to unmask],-72.923317,16z?hl=en-US"> Driving Directions

8 AM-4 PM, NEURISA Mappy Hour to follow

REGISTRATION PAGE

Keynote: Jennifer Marlon, Yale Program on Climate Change Communication

Hands-on workshops: Introduction to ArcGIS Pro (Presented by Esri); DGAL/OGR and PKTools (Presented by Yale University)

Panel Discussions and Breakout Sessions

Breakfast, Lunch, Cake Reception included. Mappy Hour sponsored by NEURISA

Digital Maps and Story Maps competition – submit your map or story map

Rare Maps Viewing

Vendor tables and more!

Cary Chadwick
CT GIS Network VP