Hello:

Next week, Wednesday Nov. 15, is GIS Day  -- an international celebration of all things cartographic. As part of this celebration, Dimond Library (and many other wonderful sponsors) are helping put on an ambitious day of speakers, events, workshops and free food. In addition we will also be showing off the newly renovated Geospatial Services Center!

Everyone is welcome to join us for all or any part of the day, whether that means stopping in for free coffee and breakfast or dropping in on a free workshop on using geospatial software. There will be a Geospatial Art Show, oral research talks from geospatial leaders on campus,  and an off-campus Mappy (Happy) Hour co-sponsored by NEURISA/Seacoast GIS group – a good place to network with local GIS enthusiasts.

Attached is the schedule of events – a more comprehensive listing is online: bit.ly/UNHGISDay2017

Please feel free to forward on to others that might be interested. I hope to see some of you there!

Best,

Hannah

Hannah Winkler Hamalainen

Geospatial and Earth Sciences Librarian, Assistant Professor

Geospatial Services Center

Liaison to the Departments of Earth Sciences and Geography

University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH 03824

Email:  [log in to unmask]

Phone:  603.862.1631