Hello New England Mappers,

My name is Stephen Smith, and I work for the Vermont Agency of Transportation in the Highway Asset Management Bureau. My team helps transportation engineers and planners make thoughtful decisions about the maintenance of state roads by providing helpful data and analysis.

We have an opening on our team for a Web Map Developer. Our group has deep skills and abilities in geospatial data collection, management, processing, and analysis, but we have always had an underlying need for better data presentation to our users.

The Web Map Developer will be responsible for making frontend systems to make our data and analysis more easily accessible through small, lightweight applications, as well as custom integrations within ArcGIS Online. A successful applicant will have strong web map development skills, including HTML, CSS, Javascript, as well as mapping APIs such as Esri’s JS API.

The position is posted now, and will remain open until January 8th, 2018. It is being recruited at multiple levels to be accessible to candidates with 2 or more years of education or experience.

This website contains more information about the position and the recruiting process:

https://vtrans.github.io/amp-recruiting/

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Stephen Smith
Data Administration Director

Asset Management & Performance Bureau

Vermont Agency of Transportation,

1 National Life Drive, Montpelier, VT 05633