Hello NEARC Folks -

A few months ago, many of were discussing the proposed Geospatial Data Act. I received the following email from Cheryl Benjamin today, asking that I forward news regarding a forthcoming update to the proposed legislation.

Dean Szumylo

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Benjamin, Cheryl (ITS) <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 9:47 AM
Subject: FW: Geospatial Data Act of 2017 - UPDATE
To: Dean-Lorenz Szumylo <[log in to unmask]>

Good morning Dean,

On Friday afternoon, I posted the update below about the Geospatial Data Act of 2017 on the GISNY-L.  Could you kindly share the note below with your colleagues on the NEARC-L as well to keep them in the loop?  I think most people will be pleased with the new proposed legislation.  The text is not yet available on the provided links but I would expect it to be posted soon.  Thank you!

Cheryl Benjamin

Street and Address Maintenance Program

Office of Information Technology Services

10B Airline Drive, Albany NY 12235

(518) 242-5034 | (518) 817-8375 m | [log in to unmask]

www.its.ny.gov