Hello all,

I'm fairly unfamiliar with AutoCAD and I was hoping you could help.

I need to convert homemade AutoCAD data into ArcGIS, but I am not having much luck.

A few people have recommended FME's software, and that worked fine when it came to their tutorial data, but whenever I try to plug in the AutoCAD data I create in there, it's no go.

I've tried converting the AutoCAD data directly into ArcGIS, into ArcGIS using several routes in ArcToolbox, recreating the data through AutoCAD Civil 3D, converting the data through ArcGIS Pro, nada.

The closest I've gotten is saving the AutoCAD file into an earlier AutoCAD file type, but even then there are georeferencing issues.

On top of that, I've watched/read dozens of videos and help pages from Esri, Autodesk and elsewhere, but I'm still not making much progress.

I'm probably missing something very simple here, wondering if you all could shed some light on my issue here.