Thank you to Tripp Corbin, Jessica Gooch, Rick Lederer-Barnes, Christine Narayana, and Mike Towle, who responded with details of the systems they’ve been using to run ArcGIS Pro. Commonalities among the better performing machines include 16 GB+ of RAM, 4 GB+ of video, and SSD hard drives. The systems are:

1. MSI, ASUS gaming systems

I7 Quad Core

16 GB RAM

256 GB SSD HD

1 TB SATA HD

1 Gb Ethernet

NVIDIA video w/4 GB+

2. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

16 GB RAM

Samsung SSD 960 EVO 1 TB HD (this is my favorite, so fast!)

3. Dell Precision Tower T5810

Xeon E5-1620 v4 3.8 GHz

16 GB (4x4GB 2400 MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC) RAM

256 GB SATA SSD HD Class 30

Radeon Pro WX 4100, 4 GB, 4 DP (Precision 5000, 7000 series)

Windows 7

4. AVA Direct custom build

INTEL Core™ i7-7820X Eight-Core 3.6 - 4.3GHz Turbo, LGA 2066, 140W TDP

KINGSTON 32GB RM Kit (4 x 8GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 2666MHz, CL16, Black

CORSAIR 240GB HD Force MP500 2280, 2800 / 1500 MB/s, MLC NAND, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe, M.2 SSD

2x WESTERN DIGITAL 2TB HD WD Black WD2003FZEX, 7200 RPM, SATA 6Gb/s, 64MB cache, 3.5-Inch OEM HDD w/RAID 1 (mirroring)

EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING ACX 2.0, 1506 - 1708MHz, 6GB GDDR5

Windows 10 Pro 64

5. Dell Precision 5810

Intel Xeon processor CPU E5-1607 v3 @ 3.10 Ghz

16 GB RAM

NVIDIA NVS 310 (512 MB DDR3)

Windows 7

* not using Pro extensively, but it runs without issue

6. Dell Precision Tower T5810

Intel Xeon Processor E5-1620 v 3 (Four Core HT, 10MB Cache, 3.5GHz Turbo)

8GB (2x4GB) 2133MHz DDR4 RDIMM  ECC RAM

3.5" 500GB 7200rpm SATA HD

4 TB SATA HD

1 Gb Ethernet

Nvidia Quadro K620 2GB (DP, DL -DVI-I)

Windows 7

* not using Pro extensively – it’s fine for small jobs but gets laggy after long interactive sessions

Andy Smith-Petersen
Business System Analyst - GIS
Portland Water District
Phone: 207-523-5417