Good morning,

This is a reminder to join us for the next CT GIS Network meeting on Friday March 23rd at the [log in to unmask],-72.6595312,17z/data=%213m1%214b1%214m5%213m4%211s0x89e653a6861ea209:0x974a28a237423b76%218m2%213d41.743744%214d-72.6573425?hl=en" target="_blank">Metropolitan District Training Center in Hartford.  This is our annual meeting where we will be filling open Steering Committee positions, learning about cool new GIS projects and connecting with peers.

There are still presentation slots available.  We are looking for someone to present on ArcGIS Pro.  If you have made the jump from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro please help the rest of us reluctant to release the comfy confines of ArcMap!  If you are interested in presenting please contact myself or one of our Steering Committee members.

The Steering Committee positions are voluntary. The Steering Committee of 18 members generally meets the first Friday of the month via conference call.  As a Steering Committee member you are expected to attend most meetings.  Contributing your time to the CT GIS Network is a great way to earn GISP points, and network with your GIS peers.  The primary duties of Steering Committee members are:

a) To provide opportunities, through a variety of venues including workshops, meetings and the Internet, for members to share ideas, to learn about GIS activities, to explore collaborative opportunities and to discover geospatial information resources;

b) To promote the free exchange of geospatial knowledge and information among members and to promote geospatial knowledge with the general public;

c) To encourage the growth of the field of geospatial technology in the State of Connecticut;

d) To serve as a geospatial technology resource;

e) To communicate the needs and issues affecting Connecticut GIS users to the state agencies and elected officials responsible for developing GIS policy and acquiring geospatial data.

Below is a list of the current openings.  If you wish to be considered for placement on the election ballot at our annual meeting, please submit a brief bio no later than Friday, March 16th 2018.

Contact:

Steven Birney

President

CTGIS Network

Please visit the website for additional information http://ctgis.uconn.edu/.  Agenda to follow soon.

Here is the list of current positions on the Steering Committee.  Available positions are highlighted.

Role

2018 Voting Status

1

Education