I apologize for this not going out sooner, I did say I would respond after I talked with ESRI.  So I did have a good conversation with the folks in Redlands regarding the ArcGIS Indoors data model and data versus our particular campus.  I was on the right track in terms of the "levels", where you have to determine what level each floor is on holistically across the campus.  I was off a bit since mostly each floor was getting a level assigned to it, depends on attached buildings etc.  What needed to happen further was to figure out the level across campus depending on several factors.  It gets complicated so I'm going to mess it up, but all floor 1's aren't necessarily on a say level 1 or 0 etc.  Some floor 1's might be on one level for one building and might be on another level for a different building.  It all depends on elevations and how folks get into the building.  After going back and forth with my questions, it was pretty much determined that the ArcGIS Indoors stuff really works best for flat campuses with little elevation changes and very straight forward floor designations.  For a campus like UNH, where we have buildings built into hillsides and very unique floor designations depending on the building, it would be rather difficult to do routing the way ArcGIS Indoors does.  We'd have to do absolute elevations, get into 3D routes between buildings.  Orders of magnitude more difficult.  I'm happy to discuss if anyone has more specific questions.  Suffice to say, it's as challenging as I thought it was going to be for us, and not quite as easy as the videos demonstrate.  Still very interesting stuff, so if you have a flat campus and your floors are 1, 2, 3, etc.  give it a whirl!

Sam

From: Lingeman, Samuel
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 10:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ArcGIS Indoors

Are there any ESRI folks on this list serve, or maybe others (Pen Bay?) that could answer questions about the ArcGIS Indoors data models and samples?  The samples and data models are pretty simple and don't really represent a real university campus and so I want to asked some questions on how to deal with the various complex scenarios we have on campus.

Sam

Samuel Lingeman '00, GISP
CAD/DMS/GIS Administrator
Campus Dig Safe Coordinator