Forwarded GIS Technician Internships for MVPC.

From: MassPlanners [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Angela Cleveland
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2018 6:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MassPlanners] Complete Streets Intern positions available!

Hello Planners,

Do you know a student that needs an exciting, rewarding job for the summer? Or are you a student or recent graduate looking for job that will give you some relevant experience? Well, we have some good news for you! The Merrimack Valley Planning Commission is looking for 4 interns for the summer to help us with a cool project that is part of our Complete Streets and sidewalk management programs. These are paid positions and will be a great way to learn about urban planning, transportation planning and technology. See below for the details. We look forward

Paid Internship – Field Technician

Merrimack Valley Planning Commission (MVPC) has an opening for 4 temporary paid interns.  Interns/employees will be assisting with field data collection activities using mobile GIS-based applications operating on iPads. The data collected will be used for a regional program to inventory and collect conditions of sidewalks as part of a Complete Streets and sidewalk management programs for communities in the Merrimack Valley.

Qualifications

Associates degree or working towards or having completed a Bachelor’s degree in geosciences, computer sciences, engineering or a related field. Experience using ESRI ArcGIS, ESRI Collector and Microsoft Office software suites is preferred.

Competencies
Key competencies and capabilities include:

  • Consistent work effort and dependability; attention to detail
  • Ability to work independently (self-starter) as well as in a team environment
  • Planning and organizational skills; commitment to deadlines and the client

Physical Requirements of the position:

  • This position will involve working outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
  • This position will require extended periods of standing and walking.

Other

Access to vehicle needed.

The MVPC is an EEO/AA employer.

Resumes and cover letters should be sent to:

Merrimack Valley Planning Commission

160 Main Street

Haverhill, MA  01830

Email: [log in to unmask]

No telephone calls thank you.

Angela J. Cleveland, AICP

Senior Economic Development Planner

Merrimack Valley Planning Commission

160 Main Street

Haverhill, MA 01830

D: 978.374.0519, x28

C: 603.305.5385

www.mvpc.org

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">  cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

P Please consider the environment before printing this email