From: Wilson, Troy <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 11:04 AM
Subject: VACANCY: GS-12 Refuges I&M Team Data Manager in the Northeast Region
To: NWRS Natural Resource Leadership Team <nwrs_natural_resource_[log in to unmask]>, FWHQ CNWR I&M Coordinator Group <fwhq_cnwr_im_coordinators@fws.gov>, DNRCP <[log in to unmask]>, FW5 RW Senior Leadership Team <fw5_rw_senior_leadership_[log in to unmask]>, Randy Dettmers <[log in to unmask]>, William Schwenk <[log in to unmask]>

Good morning everyone,

The NWRS Division of Natural Resources and Conservation Planning in Hadley, MA has an exciting opportunity for the right person to join us as our Inventory and Monitoring (I&M) Team Data Manager. This interdisciplinary position will be leading a team of geospatial and data management experts that support our I&M program. The I&M effort at the national and regional levels provides data and analysis on fish, wildlife, and ecological processes that we use to inform our conservation and management decisions.

Please share this announcement widely! Applications will be accepted until 6/21/18. The links to the vacancy announcements are below.

Current or former federal employees:

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501749100

Open to the public:

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501748900

AREA INFORMATION:

Hadley, MA in the beautiful Connecticut River Valley of western Massachusetts has a mix of rural flavor and easy access to big city amenities. Nearby Northampton is one of the best arts communities in the country. Five prestigious colleges and several community colleges are located close to our 200- employee Regional Office Headquarters building. We have a partnership with the University of Massachusetts, whose buildings are visible from our office. The Connecticut River and many smaller rivers and lakes have boating and fishing. New York City is 3 hours to the south, and Hadley is mid-way between Boston and Albany, both approximately 2 hours away.

Thank you,

Troy

--

Troy Wilson

Inventory & Monitoring Coordinator

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, National Wildlife Refuge System

300 Westgate Center Drive

Hadley, MA  01035-9589

Phone:  413-253-8515