I know many of you are all at the Esri UC. So, you are probably already in
the know about this latest release of ArcGIS Pro. However, if you are like
me and could not go to the UC, you might find this new release of ArcGIS Pro
very interesting. Esri has added several features we have been asking for,
for a long time.

So here are a few of the new capabilities you will find in this latest
release of ArcGIS Pro. I believe you will be happy to see most of these:

*	Full motion video is now supported.  It can be played and analyzed
if spatially enabled. You can also capture features in the video player as
you watch it.
*	Streaming Data now supported as a streaming layer. This new layer
type supports the display of real time stream data.
*	Batch Geoprocessing is now allowed. In ArcMap or ArcCatalog, you can
right click on a geoprocessing tool and select the Batch option from the
menu. This allows the tool to be run multiple times. This same functionality
is now supported in ArcGIS Pro 2.2
*	Support for data created in Autodesk Revit software has been added.
This is part of the ongoing partnership between Esri and Autodesk to
integrate GIS and BIM.
*	You can now drag and drop supported files from Windows Explorer
directly into the Contents pane in ArcGIS Pro.
*	The Go To XY tool has been added to ArcGIS Pro.
*	The Select Layer by Attribute and Select Layer by Location tools can
be run in a Model using a Feature Class as the input without having to first
use the Make Feature Layer tool.
*	The Calculate Geometry tool functionality has been added as
Calculate Geometry Attribute. This tool can be accessed via Toolboxes or by
right clicking on a field just as you did in ArcMap. It also works in
conjunction with the Add Geometry Fields tools.
*	Copy Parallel editing tool has been added to ArcGIS Pro.

These are just a few of the updates you will find in this new version of
ArcGIS Pro. For a full list of all the updates found in this latest version,
go to -
http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/whats-new-in-arcgis-pro.htm.

As always, make sure to test this new version before you put it into
production. This is especially true if you are already using ArcGIS Pro as
your primary desktop application. Our initial test with this new version
indicate it is as stable as the past version but your results might vary.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, GISP | Chief Executive Officer

 <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] |
www.egisassociates.com

678-710-9710 ext 0021 | 678-672-8970 Direct Dial

Esri Certified Desktop Professional | Esri Certified Enterprise System
Design Associate

Order my new
<https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/arcgis-pro-2x-cookbook>
ArcGIS Pro Cookbook now & don't forget about
<https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/learning-arcgis-pro>
Learning ArcGIS Pro

<https://https/www.packtpub.com/application-development/arcgis-pro-2x-cookbo
ok>