Hello everyone,

Many of yall know that ArcGIS Pro out of the box has a very limited symbology selection compared to ArcMap. I think is largely due to Esri’s desire to optimize ArcGIS Pro for web publishing, so they kept the out of the box options to a minimum set of symbols which perform well when published as a web service to AGOL or Portal.

For those of us that still produce hard copy maps, that limited style list was not enough. I have been importing ArcMap styles which has worked pretty well. However, I just found a site that Esri publishes ArcGIS Pro styles to - https://esri-styles.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html#. You can download many styles which greatly increase your symbology selection for ArcGIS Pro. Some of these mimic ArcMap styles but others are unique to ArcGIS Pro and look amazing.

I need to thank Eric Pimpler and his recent article on the new Firefly style which got me looking for more ArcGIS Pro styles. Not sure how I missed this great resource before.

I thought I would share this. If the lack of symbol selection has been one of your concerns about migrating to ArcGIS Pro maybe this new resource will help.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, GISP | Chief Executive Officer
eGIS Associates, Inc.

[log in to unmask] | www.egisassociates.com

678-710-9710 ext 0021 | 678-672-8970 Direct Dial

Esri Certified Desktop Professional | Esri Certified Enterprise System Design Associate

Order my new ArcGIS Pro Cookbook now & don’t forget about Learning ArcGIS Pro

/scripts/wa.exe?A3=ind1808&L=NEARC-L&E=base64&P=733802&B=------%3D_NextPart_000_004F_01D43AD7.212A0A90&T=image%2Fjpeg;%20name=%22image005.jpg%22&N=image005.jpg

/scripts/wa.exe?A3=ind1808&L=NEARC-L&E=base64&P=742193&B=------%3D_NextPart_000_004F_01D43AD7.212A0A90&T=image%2Fjpeg;%20name=%22image006.jpg%22&N=image006.jpg