From Peggy Grillo:

This is being sent to the 4-H Fair, New Haven & Middlesex
4-H Distribution Lists

    4-H Fair:

  • Thank You! Thanks to everyone who participated in this year's Middlesex & New Haven 4-H Fair in some capacity. We get better every year! You all did a great job.

  • 4-H Fair Book Photos: Don't forget that we are looking for any photos that might be used for next year's fairbook or put into our annual slide show for Achievement Night, or for the archives. You can post them to the Middlesex & New Haven 4-H Fair on Facebook or page or if you have a lot, put them on a disk and leave with either Peggy or Emily. I also have a dropbox for fair photos that I can invite you to join so I can collect them; email me: Peggy Grillo.

  • 4-H Fair Nominations: The Nominating Committee will be meeting shortly to come up with a slate for the 2019 Fair Officers & Mentors. If you haven't already indicated an interest in being an officer for 2019 OR if you want to nominate someone to run, please respond by return email. I have attached a list of the officers and nomination forms to remind everyone of positions. You can see the complete job descriptions by going to the 4-H Fair website (bookmarks have been added which will show up in some pdf viewers). See attached pdf.

  • Big E Information:

  • New England Center at the Big E:
    4-H members can participate at the New England Center in a variety of ways. We hold a talent show as well as clubs or individual members can conduct an activity table to share some of the things they do in their club (projects) with the fair public. The date this year is Sunday, September 30.

  • Big E 4-H Day Tickets: 4-H offices have been given a limited number of tickets that are for 4-H members and a driver to attend 4-H Day at the Big E; Saturday, September 15. Tickets are given out on a first come, first serve basis. Middlesex 4-H'ers contact 860-345-4511 and New Haven members contact 203-407-3161 to reserve tickets.

  • Association of CT Fairs member pass: As members of the CT Association of Fairs, the 4-H Fair receives two passes each year. We are housing one in the New Haven County Extension Center and the other in the Middlesex County Extension Center. Each pass allows two people into any member fair. The passes will be loaned out on a first come, first serve basis. You will need to contact the office to reserve the ticket and return it in a timely fashion so that it is available for someone else for the next fair. The only other obligation for using the pass is to share any ideas for possible improvements, additions, etc. to the 4-H Fair at the October meeting or by email to me or Emily. Call 203-407-3161 to reserve the ticket in New Haven and 860-345-4511 in Haddam

4-H Day at the Big E is Saturday, September 15th

The Big E 4-H Day

4-H Clover
Learn More