NEARC,

I'm in the process of migrating an ArcGIS Server instance to a new machine, and have a question about moving existing services to the new host.

This is a simple stand-alone deployment. The target, however, has a different hostname and a much newer ArcGIS release than the source. Because of the former, I don't believe we can just copy the configuration store and sever directories to the new machine verbatim. Because of the latter, I'm not sure if it would be prudent anyway. (Please correct me if I'm wrong about either assumption.)

I know how to scavenge the directories on the existing server for map documents, service configuration JSON, etc. and use those files to republish the services to the new machine. Before I burn a day verifying that some script from GitHub will work safely in our environment, or spend an equivalent amount of time reinventing that wheel on my own (or republishing manually), my question is:

  *   Is there an out-of-the-box tool or workflow in 10.6.1 for easily republishing an existing ArcGIS Server service from one machine to a second machine?

Whereas "easily" is subjective, I'll elaborate to say that it would be great if I didn't have to write any Python, parse any XML, or build URLs for the admin REST API. These are all great technologies - I'm just looking for a lazy option here, like a button to export a running service back to a service definition file.

The best candidate I've seen so far is a workflow described in an Esri blog post<https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-enterprise/administration/migrate-to-a-new-machine-in-arcgis-enterprise/>; I'm researching this now. In the meantime, I wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something obvious, especially that I might have missed in the newer releases.

Thanks in advance for your help,

-Michael

Michael Mannion
Database Consultant | Mannion Geosystems | +1 617.939.9958 | http://www.manniongeo.com<http://www.manniongeo.com/>