The New York State GIS Association’s Annual Meeting & Reception (September 25th) and Geospatial Summit (September 26th) at the Welch Allyn Lodge in Skaneateles Falls, NY is three weeks away!

Early Registration ends this Monday, September 10th, so make sure to register if you haven’t yet. Visit our website for more details.

You won’t want to miss our exciting lineup of keynote speakers:

Tuesday, September 25th

4:00 – 5:30 pm

NYS GIS Association Meeting

5:30 pm

Reception Begins- food, drinks, and a chance to mingle with your GIS colleagues from around the state

7:00 – 7:30 pm

Book signing with Greg Milner, author of PINPOINT: HOW GPS IS CHANGING TECHNOLOGY, CULTURE, AND OUR MINDS

8:00 – 8:45 pm

Bill JohnsonCarpe Geo and Parvus Momentum: In this highly personal presentation, Bill will share stories of his career journey that highlight “seizing the opportunity” and finding satisfaction in the rich profession of GIS.

8:45 – 9:00 pm

Awards Ceremony

Wednesday, September 26th

8:00 – 9:00 am

Registration and Breakfast

9:00 – 9:15 am

Welcome Message

9:15 – 10:00 am

Bert GranbergMake BigGISh Connections!: In some ways, the GIS field suffers from the perception that it is merely a support function to more high profile application areas. True or not, our level of success is extremely dependent on our ability to connect to and across bigger needs, opportunities and desires. I’ll share some thoughts, lessons learned, and examples on how to make important connections that, ultimately help better position our valuable GIS capabilities.

10:00 – 10: 45 am

Jiin WenPractical applications for generating insights from GIS data- following the path of GIS data collection, to analysis and insights, to public presentation.

10:45 – 11:05 am

Morning Break

11:05 – 11:50 am

Dr. Debs Ghosh will share insights from her research which employs an interdisciplinary approach to investigate health issues with the goal of providing quantitative evidence for intervention and preventive policies.

11:50 am – 12:30 pm

Morning Panel

12:30 – 1:30 pm

Lunch

1:30 – 2:15 pm

Greg Milner, author of PINPOINT: HOW GPS IS CHANGING TECHNOLOGY, CULTURE, AND OUR MINDS, named a “best book of 2016” by The Financial TimesThe Times of London, and strategy+business. His previous book, PERFECTING SOUND FOREVER: AN AURAL HISTORY OF RECORDED MUSIC, was a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle award.

2:15 – 3:00 pm

Dr. Debra LaeferRemote Sensing, Distributed Computing, BigData and 3D Epidemiology: Today’s Public Health Opportunity: Recent advances in remote sensing, drones, distributed computing, bigdata, and environmental DNA offer an unprecedented opportunity to push epidemiology beyond its traditional, two-dimensional (i.e. map-based) approach and to harness the full availability and power of three-dimensional data, as well as novel investigation methods to explore such data. This talk will present an extremely technology-specific vision for achieving this.

3:00 – 3:20 pm

Afternoon Break

3:20 – 4:05 pm

Mark BathrickThe Democratization of the 3rd Dimension – Keys to Success in the Drone Revolution

4:05 – 4:50 pm

Afternoon Panel

4:50 – 5: 00 pm

Summit concludes