From: Northeast Arc Users Group [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Christina Herrick [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2018 3:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: updating a feature service on AGOL

CAUTION: This email came from outside of the organization.  Do not click links/open attachments if source is unknown.

I've published a feature service to our organization's ArcGIS Online account. It was empty when I published it, but I put a schema in place along with some domains.  It has Global IDs enabled and editor tracking, and is enabled for offline access. With it, I created a Web Mapping Application with the idea that several people outside of my organization would be able to digitize features to this service on their desktops/mobile apps, and eventually (hopefully) people on the ground would be able to take these digitized features on the Collector app and QC them further, and possibly add more features (hence the editor tracking).  However, as is usually the case, we've realized that we want to tweak the schema. How do I do this and update the feature service without losing the edits already made?  I know how to do this if these data were residing on our own servers running ArcServer, but I've never done this on AGOL.  Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this even possible? At this points, it's not a big deal if I have to pull all of the features down and republish them as a new service, but in the future that won't be possible, so I'm trying to work out the kinks now.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Christina Herrick
Research Scientist

V: 603.862.2639 | F: 603.862.0188

University of New Hampshire
Institute for the Study of Earth, Oceans, and Space
Earth Systems Research Center
Morse Hall, 8 College Road
Durham, NH 03824

ResearcherID: O-3375-2017<http://www.researcherid.com/rid/O-3375-2017>