Exactly - Arc is transforming these points ‘on the fly’ as it is described,
as one data frame can only show one projection at a time. That is to say,
you can only ‘look’ at your data through one projection at a time.

So that transformation puts them in the same spot as the various
characteristics of the NAD83 revisions are well known.

Best,

Forrest

--
Forrest J. Bowlick
Graduate Program Director, MS Geography - GIST