I'm actually finding that there's a little more to this project.  The biggest issue I see is that when I have all 5 individual points in a map document with correctly defined projections, and I've defined transformations between all 5 possible GCS that my data frame could be in, that the "recommended" transformation from ArcMap (the transformation at the top of the drop-down list, related to Melita's #4) is actually a null transformation in many cases, which I didn't notice at first.  It's only when I poke around and start picking other non-null transformations that the individual points start to move closer to their corresponding point in the bigger file.  Just something to keep in mind...

Christina Herrick
Research Scientist

V: 603.862.2639 | F: 603.862.0188

University of New Hampshire
Institute for the Study of Earth, Oceans, and Space
Earth Systems Research Center
Morse Hall, 8 College Road
Durham, NH 03824

ResearcherID: O-3375-2017