City of Portland, ME
207.874.8495

**please don't print this email unless you REALLY have to***

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 12:30 PM Smith, Stephen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I just shared this with a friend at Esri who works on the Pro team. He said it's already on the to-do list for 2.4, so that's good news!

Mobile Device - Forgive Brevity

From: Northeast Arc Users Group <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Lingeman, Samuel <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2018 4:24:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ArcGIS Pro

Hello NEARC listserv, I’ll apologize in advance for the negativity of my post.  I’m back to not liking, notice I didn’t say hate, ArcGIS Pro.  I’m hoping this is my lack of knowledge, and not actually how it is.  I started to use Pro to make data edits.  Calculator is fine, clunky but fine, and using the attributes dialog works fine.  However, my usual workflow is to edit in the attribute table, moving around in the table with the keyboard arrows, and Control+C and Control+V “ing” for the value I want in various features.  I do this because neither the calculator nor the attribute dialog allow you to look at what other features are coded.  So in ArcMap, to change 5 things, I’d find a feature that has the same attribute as the five I want to change, and copy paste in no time with no clicks.  But it would appear you can’t do that anymore in Pro?????!  You can tab through or double click the cell, but you can’t move via the arrows and then paste a value in the cell?  OK, rant over, except for the fact that Pro also doesn’t like three monitors.

Sam

Samuel Lingeman ‘00, GISP

CAD/DMS/GIS Administrator

Campus Dig Safe Coordinator

Facilities-Campus Planning

“Pride, Service and Dedication”

22 Colovos Rd

Durham, NH 03824

603-862-4218

Facilities Website

43° 8'10.65"N 70°56'20.23"W

[log in to unmask]" alt="logo" style="width:1.7187in;height:.4583in">

Notice: Under Maine law, documents - including e-mails - in the possession of public officials or city employees about government business may be classified as public records. There are very few exceptions. As a result, please be advised that what is written in an e-mail could be released to the public and/or the media if requested. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- This list (NEARC-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all NEARC Users.