Watershed Consulting Associates of Burlington, Vermont is seeking a
full-time GIS Technician!

Please feel free to share with anyone who many be interested.

The GIS Technician will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to
stormwater management with a strong GIS focus. These tasks include GIS
mapping to support stormwater best management practice (BMP) design, GIS
tasks to support stormwater master planning at a variety of scales (site to
regional), site inspections, illicit discharge detection and elimination
(IDDE), water quality studies (chloride, phosphorus, cyanobacteria
monitoring), and green stormwater infrastructure BMP design.

This is an entry-level position supporting various projects with ample
opportunity for advancement based on creativity, thoroughness of task
completion, and initiative.

The ideal applicant will have strong GIS and cartography skills and a
working knowledge of Vermont water quality issues and stormwater management
best practices and regulations. The applicant’s GIS skills should extend
beyond introductory courses.

*Responsibilities Include:*

   - Using GIS software to support ongoing projects including
   hydraulic/hydrologic and water quality modeling.
   - GIS mapping and data display to communicate stormwater management
   issues and opportunities
   - Organization and communication of scientific data using Microsoft
   Office products
   - Writing of technical memorandums and reports
   - Field work support for various projects including basic water
   chemistry analysis, water quality monitoring, and site assessments.
   - Interfacing with clients when needed to explain project issues and
   goals, communicate data or other deliverables, and ensure that projects
   progress smoothly.

*Required Skills and Competencies:*

   - Proficiency in GIS (ArcGIS Desktop required – ArcPro, QGIS, MapBox,
   other platforms a bonus; experience with ArcGIS extensions such as Spatial
   Analyst is a plus; ModelBuilder experience is also desirable) including
   digitizing vectors, running geoprocessing tools, working with geodatabases,
   and creating map layouts that effectively convey complex information.
   - Fluency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
   - Familiarity with and interest in field-based data collection (this can
   include long hours and outdoor conditions typical of Vermont)
   - Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
   - Enthusiasm for innovative stormwater management and water quality
   research and protection
   - Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to
   interact with clients professionally and personably

*Preferred Skills and Competencies:*

   - Experience in GPS data collection and data import to GIS applications
   - Experience creating ESRI StoryMaps
   - Experience with geodata collection apps for smart devices (Fulcrum,
   ArcCollector)
   - Photoshop/Illustrator (or similar) program experience for cartography
   and layout creation
   - HydroCAD / WinSLAMM modeling experience
   - HEC-RAS / HY-8 watershed modeling experience
   - Efficient with scientific field work and best practices for water
   quality sample collection

*Compensation*:

Dependent on Experience and Education.

Compensation can include Health Insurance, employee IRA, paid time off, and
disability insurance.

*About Watershed Consulting Associates, LLC (Watershed):*

Watershed was formed by a team of hydrologists specifically skilled in
modeling, designing, permitting, and implementing innovative stormwater
management systems to protect and preserve natural surface water resources.
We offer services in green stormwater infrastructure design, stormwater
master planning, water quality investigation, river corridor management,
and all aspects of stormwater permitting. We are a specialized, small firm
where all our employees are given the opportunity to participate in and
manage aspects of diverse stormwater projects. Creativity, thoroughness,
and personal initiative are highly valued at Watershed. Our environment is
one that offers significant upward mobility for the right person. We seek
to create a team that works closely together to develop the best solutions
to stormwater issues in the State. Our office is located in Burlington, VT,
but we work all over the State, in New York and New Hampshire, and as far
away as the U.S. Virgin Islands. We offer a flexible, relaxed office
environment with ample opportunity to step away from the computer and
conduct field work.

Visit our website to learn more about what we do at Watershed Consulting
Associates: http://watershedca.com/

For more information or to apply, please contact Kerrie Garvey at

If applying, please include a resume, statement of interest / cover letter,
2 to 3 examples of your cartographic skills (i.e., maps, StoryMaps, or
other GIS-derived products that you have created), and the contact
information for 2 references.

--

*Kerrie Garvey, GISP*
GIS Manager

*Watershed Consulting Associates, LLC*

Stormwater Management *|* Water Quality *|* Erosion Control

208 Flynn Ave, Suite 2H, P.O. Box 4413
Burlington, VT 05406
Main: 802.497.2367

*www.watershedca.com* <http://www.watershedca.com>