Watershed Consulting Associates of Burlington, Vermont is seeking a full-time GIS Technician!

Please feel free to share with anyone who many be interested.

The GIS Technician will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to stormwater management with a strong GIS focus. These tasks include GIS mapping to support stormwater best management practice (BMP) design, GIS tasks to support stormwater master planning at a variety of scales (site to regional), site inspections, illicit discharge detection and elimination (IDDE), water quality studies (chloride, phosphorus, cyanobacteria monitoring), and green stormwater infrastructure BMP design.

This is an entry-level position supporting various projects with ample opportunity for advancement based on creativity, thoroughness of task completion, and initiative.

The ideal applicant will have strong GIS and cartography skills and a working knowledge of Vermont water quality issues and stormwater management best practices and regulations. The applicant’s GIS skills should extend beyond introductory courses.

Responsibilities Include:

Required Skills and Competencies:

Preferred Skills and Competencies:

Compensation:

Dependent on Experience and Education.

Compensation can include Health Insurance, employee IRA, paid time off, and disability insurance.

About Watershed Consulting Associates, LLC (Watershed):

Watershed was formed by a team of hydrologists specifically skilled in modeling, designing, permitting, and implementing innovative stormwater management systems to protect and preserve natural surface water resources. We offer services in green stormwater infrastructure design, stormwater master planning, water quality investigation, river corridor management, and all aspects of stormwater permitting. We are a specialized, small firm where all our employees are given the opportunity to participate in and manage aspects of diverse stormwater projects. Creativity, thoroughness, and personal initiative are highly valued at Watershed. Our environment is one that offers significant upward mobility for the right person. We seek to create a team that works closely together to develop the best solutions to stormwater issues in the State. Our office is located in Burlington, VT, but we work all over the State, in New York and New Hampshire, and as far away as the U.S. Virgin Islands. We offer a flexible, relaxed office environment with ample opportunity to step away from the computer and conduct field work.

Visit our website to learn more about what we do at Watershed Consulting Associates: http://watershedca.com/

For more information or to apply, please contact Kerrie Garvey at [log in to unmask].

If applying, please include a resume, statement of interest / cover letter, 2 to 3 examples of your cartographic skills (i.e., maps, StoryMaps, or other GIS-derived products that you have created), and the contact information for 2 references.

--

Kerrie Garvey, GISP
GIS Manager

Watershed Consulting Associates, LLC

Stormwater Management | Water Quality | Erosion Control

208 Flynn Ave, Suite 2H, P.O. Box 4413
Burlington, VT 05406
Main: 802.497.2367

www.watershedca.com