Hello,

My department has hit some serious roadblocks in terms of our GIS and RS labs, which are maintained by our University's general IT department. Ongoing issues include lack of proper hardware to keep up with our Esri and ENVI software, internet bandwidth issues, lack of networked drive space, latency issues, and lack of functional cloud or remote PC options.

We'd like to find someone from an academic environment who manages GIS/RS labs and has an IT background to come in and assess our situation. And then help develop a set of expert recommendations that we can then go to our administration with to help us improve our labs.

If you know of anyone who might be well-suited and willing to do something like this (for a consulting fee), we'd appreciate any information.

Thank you kindly,
Darcy

Darcy Boellstorff, Ph.D., GISP
Professor & Chair - Department of Geography
Bartlett College of Science and Mathematics
Bridgewater State University
Bridgewater, Massachusetts