We are currently seeking presentation proposal submissions for the

2019 CONNECTICUT VOLUNTEER WATER MONITORING CONFERENCE

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS, POSTERS, WORKSHOPS

Many Waters, One State:

Uniting CT’s Lake, River, Wetland and Long Island Sound Citizen Science Communities

April 5, 2019

Three Rivers Community College

Norwich, CT

The theme of this year's conference is Many Waters, One State: Uniting CT’s Lake, River, Wetland and Long Island Sound Citizen Science Communities.  Help us to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Connecticut DEEP’s volunteer water monitoring program by joining our state’s amazing network of volunteer water monitors on April 5th in Norwich!  Current volunteer water monitors, educators who seek to incorporate water monitoring into their classes, researchers and professionals willing to share their expertise with citizen scientists, and those looking to start new volunteer water monitoring programs are all encouraged to attend!

.  Topics of interest include:

v Monitoring Case Studies: Lakes, Ponds, and Impoundments; Rivers and Streams; Long Island Sound; Embayments and Estuaries; Wetlands; Urban Waters; Restoration Monitoring

v Volunteer Program Development: Water Monitoring Basics; Volunteer Recruitment, Retention and Recognition; Increasing Program Inclusivity and Accessibility; Government Resources

v Monitoring to Effect Change: Data Management and Accessibility; Local Partnerships & Collaborations; Analyzing
and Presenting Your Data; Environmental Education; Science Communication

v What’s New: Monitoring Technologies; Emerging Issues & Contaminants; Innovative Technology & Online Tools; Nontraditional Programs & Parameters; Local, State and
National Trends

To submit your proposal, go to www.surveymonkey.com/r/2019ConferenceProposal.

The deadline to submit a proposal is January 11, 2019.  Please email questions to [log in to unmask].

We look forward to seeing you at the 2019 Connecticut Volunteer Water Monitoring Conference!

Sincerely,

signature

Meghan Lally, Conference Chair
CT DEEP Volunteer Water Monitoring Program
On behalf of the 2019 Volunteer Water Monitoring Conference Organizing Committee