Greetings NEARC Community:

Inquiries on this list are sometimes posted about the need for specific geospatial data sets, so I thought these 2 short essays and guidelines of mine about finding data on the ArcGIS Hub Open Data portal might be helpful.  The portal is, I recommend, definitely worth considering as one of your “go-to” sites when you are searching.  And, as I point out, the ArcGIS Hub is much more than a data portal, as you’ll see in the essay.

https://spatialreserves.wordpress.com/2018/12/10/finding-data-on-arcgis-hub-open-data-portal/

I followed the above up with a post about a story map that features many Hub sites around the world, which provides an additional source of data.  I used it recently when searching for geospatial data in Australia for the purposes of building a “analyzing water quality” GIS-based lesson:

https://spatialreserves.wordpress.com/2018/12/24/finding-data-via-arcgis-hubs-around-the-world/

Joseph Kerski

Joseph J. Kerski, Ph.D., GISP | Education Manager

Esri | 1 International Court | Broomfield CO 80021-3200 | USA

303 449 7779 x1-8237 | M 303 625 3925 | [log in to unmask] | esri.com

esriurl.com/josephkerski | http://twitter.com/josephkerski

THE SCIENCE OF WHERE®