Dear Members of the UConn Community,
Snow squalls and low wind chill temperatures are expected to impact CT this afternoon and evening. The University will remain open. Even when the University is open and operating normally, we realize some people may not feel comfortable traveling to or from campus, and it is important for individuals to consider their own safety. We ask that you use your best judgement when traveling.  Please refer to our University's policy<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpolicy.uconn.edu%2F2011%2F10%2F27%2Femergency-closing-policy-2010-2011%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7Ca2c42f24542140c37f8e08d686ea9340%7C17f1a87e2a254eaab9df9d439034b080%7C0%7C0%7C636844739377390344&sdata=F%2BgZkrZDRVn7%2FsOsI6sK3fdllTZnqsrQNKUOfAdQiqw%3D&reserved=0> regarding inclement weather.
Keep safety first when traveling:

  *   Always consider your safety first. Weather and road conditions may vary considerably across the state, so all members of the University community must evaluate the circumstances they face.
  *   Even when the University remains open for business, individuals may appropriately decide not to come to campus or to leave campus early.
  *   In these situations, employees may use a vacation day, personal time, or other accrued time without advance approval, but they must notify their supervisors that they are doing so.
Regards,

Jeffrey

Jeffrey Shoulson, Ph.D.
Vice Provost for Academic Operations
Professor of Literatures, Cultures, and Languages
University of Connecticut
352 Mansfield Road, Unit 1086
Storrs, CT 06268-1086

(o) 860.486.6115