I’m hoping folks with more experience can help with my las problem.  We have survey’s done on campus often, and often times the survey firm will do a laser scan rather than a traditional survey.  They use Leica.  I’ve asked for las files from them, which they say is a big ask, as it’s apparently very difficult to go from leica to las, in fact, you can’t go from leica to las,  according to the survey firm, they have to use 3rd party converters.  Apparently e57 is the standard file format in their world, while I was under the impression las was the common standard. In any event, they have sent me several surveys thus far in las, and only one has end up in the correct location, and that one had the projection defined when it was sent to me.  All the others are undefined.  I’ve defined the projection as NH State Plane, but they all end up in New York.  I’m wondering if anyone else has run into these types of las files that come from terrestrial surveys and how you can get them to show up in the correct location.  Thanks

Sam

Samuel Lingeman ‘00, GISP

CAD/DMS/GIS Administrator

Campus Dig Safe Coordinator