From: Northeast Arc Users Group <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Deborah Reichler
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2019 11:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Historical maps in ArcGIS Online

Hello all, happy spring!  I'm trying to do something that I believe I could do last fall, but can't seem to get working this spring, so wondering if there was some kind of update.

I have an historical map of Vienna, Austria, which I georeferenced in Desktop to a shapefile of Austria roads, then saved as a tile package to Online.  I published it, then added it to a map in AGO and created a Story Map Journal.  But when I zoom in to the historical map in Journal, parts of the map disappear (tiles, I assume).  Does anyone know of any way to create a georeferenced historical map where one can zoom in and inspect more closely the old city?

I swear I could do this last semester with historical maps of Philadelphia, but I am beginning to doubt myself.  I created a little recipe for myself of how to do this, and think I'm following the same steps, but maybe something changed in AGO and this no longer works the same.

The sample story map journal is here.

Thanks for any insight,

Deborah Reichler

Hamilton College