Hello,

We are in the process of preparing an RFP and also laying the groundwork to secure funding for a flyover and planimetric basemapping in the spring of 2020 or 2021. We have procured imagery and LiDAR in the past and we do update our basemapping in-house but are overdue for a refresh of our roads, buildings, parking lots, etc. I am curious to know what other cities and towns are doing to maintain their planimetric basemapping. Is your community on a 3-5 year schedule to acquire new imagery and planimetrics update? Does your community do a complete update of your planimetrics or is it only certain features or areas that are updated? Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I will summarize the responses I receive in a future email?

Thank you,

Eric

Eric Rizzo
GIS Administrator