Friends, Colleagues, and Professional Peers,

I am incredibly excited to send out this “Save The Date” notice regarding Connecticut GIS Day 2019! For those unfamiliar with this world-wide celebratory day, GIS Day is an annual event celebrating the technology of geographic information systems that was initiated by spatial analytics world-leader ESRI, and which first took place in 1999. ESRI president and co-founder Jack Dangermond credits Ralph Nader with being the person who inspired the creation of GIS Day. He considered the event a good initiative for people to learn about geography and the many uses of GIS. He wanted GIS Day to be a grassroots effort and open to everyone to participate. Today, the event provides an international forum for users of GIS technology to demonstrate real-world applications that are making a difference in society.

In Connecticut, we have annually celebrated GIS Day with a day of educational and informational presentations and an organized opportunity for professional networking, welcoming GIS practitioners and Professionals from all industries, fields, and organizations across the state of Connecticut! I personally invite you to join us this year to recognize the great work in GIS that takes place every day in Connecticut and elsewhere. So that we can ensure we have space enough and resources enough for all attendees, please visit the web link below and let us know if you plan on attending. Additional details including an agenda will be forthcoming as we get closer!

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING AN ACTIVE PARTICIPANT- we are looking for presenters and posters to make the day as great as it can be! If you are doing a presentation at NEARC or NEURISA Day conferences, or any other conference and would like to share that presentation with your Connecticut peers, we would be very excited to welcome you to do so! If you have a project or map that you want to share or brag about to your Connecticut peers, we would be very excited to welcome you to do so! If you are a college student, an educator, or a GIS hobbyist and want to show off your hard work, we would be excited to welcome you to do so! If you are a commercial company or organization, and would like to participate, sponsor, or have a table to educate GIS folks in the state about what it is you offer or projects you have done, we welcome you to do so! Please visit the link below and check the appropriate boxes!

If you have questions about GIS Day, please feel free to contact myself or Aaron Nash at [log in to unmask]. I am looking forward to seeing as many of you as I can there that day!

Date:
Wednesday November 13th, 2019

Time:
8:30 AM - 3:00 pm (full day attendance not required!)
3-5 PM - Mappy Hour (Location TBA)

Location:
Eastern Connecticut State University
83 Windham Street, Willimantic, CT

https://form.jotform.com/92036099081155

Kind regards,

Thad

Thad J. Dymkowski, GISP

Vice President

Connecticut GIS User to User Network Steering Committee