If we're weighing in on toys, the DJI Tello has been a fantastic learning
tool, not only for exploring how to turn left and right, but to understand
and write your own protocols for flight (ie Preflight-what's my objective,
how do I react to potential problems, what's the weather like?). It's less
than 100$ (refurb on Amazon for $79
<https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fdp%2FB07KQQJHJQ%2Fref%3Dcm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_uNEpDbA919RW4&amp;data=02%7C01%7CNEARC-L%40listserv.uconn.edu%7Cda200916a5a1425ec1ad08d7138ad9da%7C17f1a87e2a254eaab9df9d439034b080%7C0%7C0%7C636999359391653310&amp;sdata=NvVwijiJ0TWrK39B%2B74hPlNtqp%2FfRi1dSviuMHGZciA%3D&amp;reserved=0>)
and you can use your phone (Android or iOS) as a controller with a POV live
stream from the on board camera. Think of it as learning to drive in a
Toyota Corolla before you drive a Formula One car!

Good luck!

Best,

Michael Gallotta
GIS Program Manager
Department of Public Works
Town of Rockport

34 Broadway
Rockport, MA 01966

Office: 978-546-3525
Cell: 978-879-3562

Pardon the brevity as this message was sent from a mobile device.

--
When writing or responding, please remember that the Secretary of State's
Office has determined that email is a public record and is subject to