Dear international students and scholars,

This is a busy travel season, with new students traveling to UConn for the first time, and returning students coming back to campus after summer break. Due to current events in Hong Kong, we understand that student travel plans may be disrupted due to airport closure and flight cancellations.

If your travel to UConn may be delayed due to a flight departing from or transiting Hong Kong, please notify the University so that we can help you plan for your late arrival. Otherwise all students are required to arrive for their orientation (new students) or start of classes (continuing students). Visiting scholars are required to arrive by their program start date.

New Undergraduate Students at Storrs: Email the Storrs Orientation office at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
New Undergraduate Students at Stamford: Email ISSS, Lulu Dong at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
New Exchange Students arriving August 18 at Storrs: Email Education Abroad, Gabriella Pires Santoro at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
New Graduate Students (all campuses): Email ISSS [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you are unable to arrive by your orientation date.
All other students/scholars: Email ISSS [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you are unable to arrive by your program start date due to flight cancellations.

Continuing, returning students: Returning/continuing students must arrive by August 26 for the first day of classes. Please notify ISSS if travel continues to be disrupted as we near this date.

Thank you and I wish everyone safe travels to the U.S.  We look forward to welcoming you soon!

Rae Alexander
Director
International Student and Scholar Services

UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT
GLOBAL AFFAIRS
2011 Hillside Road, U-1083
STORRS, CT 06269-1083
PHONE: 860.486.3855  |  EMAIL: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
ISSS Walk-In Advising:  MON - THU: 1:30  - 3:30 pm