I came up with a process to get actual acreages vs map acres of steep slopes, but I am wondering what others do to correct for steep slopes and get actual acreage treated? For mine, I use a DEM to create a percent slope raster. After classifying the slope data, I use our treatment polygons to cut out the slope data so I know how many acres I have at a particular slope. Then I use a table found in a range management book that tells you what percentage to increase the acreage by per slope percent. It works well, I'm just wondering if there is a better or more efficient process I could be doing.

Thank you,
Carrie

--

“I have an existential map. It has ‘you are here’ written all over it.” —Steve Wright