Dear all,

Today's speaker at the Analysis and Probability seminar is Alyssa Genschaw from UConn. The tile of her talk is "An Introduction to Caloric Measure," and the abstract is below.

The talk will begin at 1:30PM in MONT 313. You can find information about future A/P talks here: http://calendar.uconn.edu/2019/month/10/376/.

Best,
Scott

Abstract: We will define caloric measure by first looking at the definition of harmonic measure (the steady state analogue of caloric measure) and some interpretations of harmonic measure. We look at extending known results for harmonic measure to caloric measure, and discuss where some difficulties arise. We then will give a brief overview of some recent results, including a Bourgain-type estimate, a criterion for nondoubling caloric measure to satisfy a weak reverse H¨older inequality, and that BMO-solvability implies scale invariant quantitative absolute continuity of caloric measure with respect to surface measure.

Scott Zimmerman, PhD Assistant Research Professor
Department of Mathematics | University of Connecticut