(please excuse cross-postings)

Still seats left for the upcoming workshop:

Introduction to Bayesian Statistical modeling

Dates:
January 6-8, 2020 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)

Location:
Tempe, Arizona

Instructor:
Dr. Roy Levy, Arizona State University

This three-day workshop assumes no prior experience with Bayesian statistical modeling, and is intended as both a theoretical and practical introduction. An understanding of Bayesian statistical modeling will be developed by relating it to participants’ existing knowledge of traditional frequentist approaches. To introduce Bayesian principles in familiar contexts we will begin with simple binomial and univariate normal models, then move to simple regression and multiple regression. Along the way, we will cover aspects of modeling including model construction, specifying prior distributions, graphical representations of models, practical aspects of Markov chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) estimation, evaluating hypotheses and data-model fit, model comparisons, and modeling in the presence of missing data.

For more information on the workshop, including registration, please visit

https://thesanfordschool.asu.edu/data-desert-training-workshop-2020

Please feel free to contact me ([log in to unmask]) with questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Roy Levy
Professor
Measurement and Statistical Analysis
T. Denny Sanford School of Social & Family Dynamics
Arizona State University
PO Box 873701
Tempe, AZ 85287-3701
voice: (480) 727-9808
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
https://sites.google.com/a/asu.edu/roylevy/

Educational Research and Methodology Listserv ----------------------------------------------------------------- List Service Info http://listserv.uconn.edu To cancel your subscription address click please do the following: SEND an email to the following address: mailto (colon) listserv (at) listserv (dot) uconn (dot) edu Your email should contain only the message UNSUB EDRESMETH-L. Address problems with your subscription to: [log in to unmask] -----------------------------------------------------------------