The Vermont Agency of Transportation Asset Management Bureau has an open position posted for an AOT GIS Professional III.

The application deadline is 12/15/2019.

Details are listed below while more information about the position and the recruiting process can be found here: https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fvtrans.github.io%2Famp-recruiting%2F&data=02%7C01%7CNEARC-L%40LISTSERV.UCONN.EDU%7Cdca56284e7fe4dce0a5c08d77987e4c0%7C17f1a87e2a254eaab9df9d439034b080%7C0%7C0%7C637111497357800717&sdata=GKh0zU37sXg6A4WOZiJ23vna4akb5%2BS4aHZWcOjLzjo%3D&reserved=0

If you would like more information about this position, please contact Jonathan Nelson at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
David Narkewicz | GIS Professional
Vermont Agency of Transportation
Asset Management Bureau | Data Management
219 N Main St | Barre, VT 05641
802-279-8304 cell
[cid:[log in to unmask]]

Title: Geographic Information System (GIS) Professional III - Data Management
Application Deadline: 12/15/2019
Req ID: 2374
Department: Transportation Agency
Location: Barre
Position Type: Permanent
Pay Grade: 24
Schedule Type: Full Time
Job Code
110300
Overview

The Asset Management Bureau (AMB) of the Vermont Agency of Transportation (VTrans) is seeking to hire a savvy and experienced Geographic Information Systems (GIS) professional to join our Data Management Team.

We're seeking candidates with strong GIS, web mapping and data science skills to help make our transportation data more actionable.

Our team is also responsible for mobile data collection, automation and quality control, analysis, database management, systems integrations, and visualization. We like to position ourselves at the cutting edge of transportation research and are actively exploring projects involving artificial intelligence and RFID tag readers.

This is a great opportunity to work with a talented, dynamic team to develop unique solutions within a broad number of projects and initiatives. If this sounds like something you're interested in, please be in touch because we'd love to have you in to talk about what passion you can bring to help make us better at what we do. Finally, VTrans has great opportunities for career growth and offers an excellent work/life balance.

General duties of this position include:

  *   Drives the development of AMB web mapping
  *   Assists in the administration of GIS web services and ArcGIS Online
  *   Develops innovative solutions to help organize and distribute valuable agency data to internal stakeholders and for public consumption
  *   Development of automation and quality control procedures
  *   Assists in the oversight and management of statewide asset data collection using mobile platforms
  *   Assists in the administration of AMB ArcSDE GIS databases
  *   Involvement in various agency projects, initiatives and research
  *   Turning data into information into knowledge into wisdom
  *   Whatever else you bring to the table to take us up a notch or two (or three or four...)

You can find more detail on the position and VTrans here<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fvtrans.github.io%2Famp-recruiting%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7CNEARC-L%40LISTSERV.UCONN.EDU%7Cdca56284e7fe4dce0a5c08d77987e4c0%7C17f1a87e2a254eaab9df9d439034b080%7C0%7C0%7C637111497357800717&amp;sdata=GKh0zU37sXg6A4WOZiJ23vna4akb5%2BS4aHZWcOjLzjo%3D&amp;reserved=0>, which includes links to some of the work we do.

Who May Apply

This position, Geographic Information System (GIS) Professional III (Job Requisition #2374), is open to all State employees and external applicants.

If you would like more information about this position, please contact Jonathan Nelson at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Please note that multiple positions in the same work location may be filled from this job posting.

Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail. You must apply online to be considered.

Environmental Factors

Duties are performed primarily in a standard office setting although regional office visits will require travel. Fieldwork may be required from. Attendance at meetings, seminars or conferences outside of normal work hours may be necessary. Manual dexterity is required in operating the computer and GIS-related hardware, as are good eyesight and eye-hand coordination.
Minimum Qualifications

Bachelor's degree in in GIS, geography, computer science, engineering, GIS, a natural resources field or other field closely related to mapping and GIS;

OR

Associate's degree or two years of college coursework in GIS, geography, computer science, engineering, GIS, a natural resources field or other field closely related field to mapping and GIS AND two (2) or more years of experience in GIS, geography, computer science, engineering, GIS, a natural resources field or other field closely related to mapping and GIS.

OR

Four (4) or more years of experience in in GIS, geography, computer science, engineering, GIS, a natural resources field or other field closely related field to mapping and GIS.
Total Compensation
As a State employee you are offered a great career opportunity, but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits that are worth about 30% of your total compensation, including:

  *   80% State paid medical premium
  *   Dental Plan at no cost for employees and their families
  *   Flexible Spending healthcare and childcare reimbursement accounts
  *   Two ways to save for your retirement: A State defined benefit pension plan and a deferred compensation 457(b) plan
  *   Work/Life balance: 11 paid holidays each year and a generous leave plan; many jobs also allow for a flexible schedule
  *   Low cost group life insurance
  *   Tuition Reimbursement
  *   Incentive-based Wellness Program
  *   Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Want the specifics? Explore the Benefits of State Employment<https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcareers.vermont.gov%2Fcontent%2FWhat-We-Offer%2F%3Flocale%3Den_US&amp;data=02%7C01%7CNEARC-L%40LISTSERV.UCONN.EDU%7Cdca56284e7fe4dce0a5c08d77987e4c0%7C17f1a87e2a254eaab9df9d439034b080%7C0%7C0%7C637111497357800717&amp;sdata=FdQfod3iYRA89ukijScEgTLKYSzdPNZ5xfejt9Dl%2Fik%3D&amp;reserved=0> on our website.

Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.