Hi all,

Thank you to all who responded via email (and even phone calls!  Wow!)  I appreciate the thoughtful responses that were given and the time taken out of your busy days.

I just wanted to share with you all the responses I received from my questions on moving to AWS...

It seems as though this could be a good solution to on-site servers with a few really big caveats.
As this was, for me, an information gathering exercise so I could get more info on real-world experiences, I have not formulated my own opinion other than, it seems as though if you are going to do it, you really need to know all of the pros and cons.

I have attached the responses for your pre-holiday reading pleasure.

Have a great holiday!

Jessica

Jessica Gooch
Water Resources Asset Manager
City of Portland, ME
207.874.8495

**please don't print this email unless you REALLY have to***

Notice: Under Maine law, documents - including e-mails - in the possession of public officials or city employees about government business may be classified as public records. There are very few exceptions. As a result, please be advised that what is written in an e-mail could be released to the public and/or the media if requested. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- This list (NEARC-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all NEARC Users.