Hi Folks,

I’m not professionally trained but have been working with ArcGIS for 20+ years in environmental work.

Been so long since I’ve had to do it I forgot how to do it and what it’s  even called. You have state-wide rasters of aerials and you can create a dbf IV file that has the file names in one column and then X/Y Max/Min in four other columns. Then I can just drag that into my map and it displays without having to load 150 files/layers.

How did I do this? I did it with Sids before. Want to do Jp2 files and/or TIFF.

Am working in 10.2.  Making a raster catalog in a file geodatabase makes a file bigger than the images combined.

Any help would be appreciative as I have about 30 field forms to go.

John