Dear Fellow Students,

Last week, the Office of Governor Lamont decided to decrease the University of Connecticut's proposed budget of $211 million dollars, down to $208 million. After cuts of $40 million since FY16, it's vital to our university that we urge our representatives to not decrease our budget.

The Appropriations Committee will be reviewing our budget on February 18th from 5 pm to 7:30 pm at the Capitol Building. USG is providing free transportation to Hartford, leaving at 3:30 pm and coming back to campus at 8:30 pm. Food and refreshments will be provided. Wear your UConn gear in support!

Your attendance is crucial to make sure UConn continues to get the funding it needs and deserves. We can use this opportunity to show how important UConn is to us, our families, our state, and our nation. You can RSVP to attend the hearing here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rJ-e3ATCFsFFA5fpvMVR98oJjKdqqFqE_5AxXIlFIxc/viewform?edit_requested=true

If you cannot make the hearing, I urge you to contact your representatives and explain your UConn story. You can find your legislators by texting UConnProud to +1 (860) 269-0269.

Please attend to support current and future Huskies. I look forward to seeing you there.

Priyanka

Priyanka Thakkar (She, Her, Hers)

Student Body President

University of Connecticut

Undergraduate Student Government | SU 219

Web: usg.uconn.edu