Middlesex and New Haven 4-H Community,

We hope this message finds you well.  In these trying times please know we are working hard to figure out what the best way to support the 4-H mission is while maneuvering the ever-changing situations. As you probably have heard by now, Extension Centers have been closed at least through April 15, while the University has put a hold on any group gatherings at least through graduation.  This could change momentarily.

We will be meeting remotely via webex with the Fair FLC Committee this week.  Further guidance will be coming out after that with regard to fair association business.  Our fair association meetings can have quite a number of people and since large group meetings are not allowed at this time – we will not be holding the previously scheduled April 3 meeting. We will be moving the deadline for the sponsorship campaign back, the official date is yet to be determined, but if you are holding checks please let the sponsors know it could be a while before turn in happens and the deposit is made.

If you are a fair mentor please check in on your officer regularly to make sure the plan of action is happening to the extent it can happen at this time.  Please turn in you officer report to Carley L, her mentor Jane and Emily and Peg by April 1st.

We still need nominations for fairbook dedication and art contest entries.  Attached to this email are the instructions – please get your nominations and entries in right away.  Email dedication nominations to [log in to unmask] by April 1 and submit art contest entries to Peggy either as a pdf ( do not mail) by the same date.  If you have already mailed your entry, please email Peg now.

Although we are all eager for “normal life” to return, we will be working on 4-H activities that you can do at home. Include site address of the Corr.    We are excited for the time we can all be together again.  Stay healthy, wash your hands and stay 6 feet apart.

Em and Peggy

4-H Staff along with all other Extension Staff have been busy compiling information to help people navigate the problems caused by COVID-19.
Click here for UConn Cooperative Extension COVID-19 Resources
The worldwide pandemic involving COVID-19 (coronavirus) has produced unprecedented challenges in the UConn community and around the world. UConn Extension has curated an assortment of resources for varied Extension audiences.