Hello Middlesex 4-H Community,

4-H Leaders - Per state and UConn directives, we may not congregate in groups of 50 or more until May 15.  We are requesting all activities to be shifted to on-line methods of communication.  We realize each family may choose to address this unprecedented pandemic differently depending on your situation.  In light of that, we are requiring that any mandatory 4-H attendance requirements be waived unless an on-line option is available and agreed upon.  As always we take our info from UConn’s COVID-19 website https://uconn.edu/public-notification/coronavirus .  We continue to work at our jobs, but offices are running on essential faculty and staff only.  Please call or email to see if I am working from my office or working remotely before you travel to see me or get program materials.

In light of this the follow must happen:
The 4-H Food Show will be postponed, the subcommittee will meet again, when possible to discuss reschedule date
The State Horse Show and Committee meeting for Thursday March 19 are cancelled
Expressive Arts Day is Cancelled
The Deans Award Dinner is postponed
Goat Day is Rescheduled for October
State Citizenship Day is cancelled

Stay Tuned for more information about:
4-H Fair association meetings and the sponsorship campaign!
State Hippology and Judging Contests
State 4-H Small Equine Show

I have attached some helpful information in this email.  Please look it over and see if anything interests you.

Be well, email me if you need to meet or if you have questions!

Emily