Hello NEARC-er's,

I have an odd conundrum that maybe someone has run into before. As part of our nightly workflow, there are a number of python scripts that are configured to run from task scheduler via batch file. It's not the most technically proficient way to do it but, it works great and these processes are relatively straightforward, primarily backups.

So here's the catch. They stopped working. And of course with all of the recent volatility of life, there are so many things that have changed that it's hard to peg down what is causing this. I've chased down a variety of leads but none are more solid than the next... permissions issues in SQL (haven't been changed any), a corrupt python library from running sfc /scan now, environment changes due to different versions of arcmap, etc.) None of these really make any sense because.......

What doesn't work:

Executing ESRI related batch files through task scheduler
Running the batch file directly by double clicking it.
Running the python script in IDLE; strange permissions errors result about basic modules missing, or permissions being required.
Running any of the above with administrative privileges.

What does work:
Everything works perfectly fine if initialized through the command line, wether it be the batch file or the python script itself.

Any insights here would be greatly appreciated!