Dear all,

Today's speaker at the Analysis and Probability seminar is our own Masha Gordina.  The title of her talk is "Ergodicity For Langevin Dynamics With Singular Potentials" and the abstract is below.

The talk will begin at 1:00 PM (please note time) on Webex.  The details are as follows:

Meeting link: https://uconn-cmr.webex.com/uconn-cmr/j.phpMTID=m1b81f7063ea554f2855b006c6c579af1

Meeting number: 617 910 436

Password: hTU6jkQ5Qc2

You can keep up to date on possible future A/P talks here: https://calendar.uconn.edu/2020/month/04/376/.

Abstract: Abstract: We discuss Langevin dynamics of 𝑁 particles on ℝ𝑑 interacting through a singular repulsive potential, such as the Lennard-Jones potential, and show that the system converges to the unique invariant Gibbs measure exponentially fast in a weighted Sobolev norm. The proof relies on an explicit construction of a Lyapunov function using a modified Gamma calculus. In contrast to previous results for such systems, our results imply geometric convergence to equilibrium starting from an essentially optimal family of initial distributions. This is based on the joint work with F.Baudoin and D.Herzog.

Best,

Sean