Dear International Students and Scholars,

DId you know that you have an ISSS advisor? Advisors are assigned to work with international students and scholars, according to your major program or field of study/research. This way they are more familiar with your program rules and staff and faculty in your program, and can better help you. Their role is to help you understand the visa regulations and how they relate to your academic and career plans in the United States, and to help you with questions about navigating life at the University and in the U.S.

ISSS has two important announcements for you about advising changes:

1)      You can now schedule a video chat or call-in appointment through Webex. If you want to make an appointment with your advisor, please click on their picture and then on the blue button that says Schedule an Appointment. After you schedule your appointment through the link, and before your scheduled meeting, your advisor will send you a Webex meeting invitation with the video chat link or call-in number.

2)      Starting on Tuesday, May 26th, we are changing the advisors who work with students and scholars from different majors and departments.  Please find the new ISSS advisor assignments below, based on your academic program or department. For some of you there may be no change, but for others, you may be working with a new ISSS advisor after May 26. If you would like to make an appointment with an advisor before May 26, please contact the advisor based on our current advisor assignments, which can be found here.   For appointments after May 26, please follow the schedule below. Our website will also be updated after May 26th to reflect the new advisor assignments.

ISSS Advisors by Program, effective May 26th

Advisor

Campus

Programs

Nadine Boudissa

[log in to unmask]" shash="ol1pZb+xXnsAsSPdhRWwS1dpvU+TmWhrr8F3FkLH27GfrMD1fgwHcp2vVc/j3eav9DqqtPmxGuz49vGyCqpYqBnKHKoGudtyF4XWFxTyNbIHHgNBQJsZFocISrKhpN1TX7LYOKm6w3G5ubcpcxf9pBRDsWetb3ZDK1GZqTBo2Yc=">[log in to unmask]

Storrs

All students and scholars in Engineering, including Materials Science and MEM; exchange studentssponsored students (e.g. Fulbright and other J-1 sponsoring programs)

Annie Casarella

[log in to unmask]" shash="fg8q5tcEMUnkcdMoqfEX9Xtdx59U1FigOZvL3xpor8a8ng1FdyoDL9yQyKpyZN4BgA0+5GigJ/OYRv1hiLWq95dg2htgBxToZklbkbXZIlJnShUiF9p+wwsfHyocvr30xbQMtIJ6FFl0I3BHJ2FWsk2n0JeGQodMM+Ktt44d13c=">[log in to unmask]

Storrs

All students and scholars in Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources (CAHNR);  Nursing; Pharmacy; Business; ACES; General/Individualized majors

Lulu Dong

[log in to unmask]" shash="dabU9/gWbuRNpju4NT1l3PplrE6VuZM5lVhvX6mabdV0+wKSTf8sT5JQJstmziL3jOkVEldA7gWvdK7erCenOJpy051vtatOF9maKHUw/EAhjXzpcPUroHjr27LFn/+BuO8GcGHbTuOeGshobWsguhaLQuZNhufAdTxHkEc78vk=">[log in to unmask]

Stamford, Waterbury

All students and scholars in Stamford and Waterbury campuses

Leslie Lawrence

[log in to unmask]" shash="s5hFJ1GmD0jv/23k8sfKoBQj6jh65xg/IWi+jdUsAWuAOHopW9Q2oeDlpuklvhxp9cAQAnoyVU5/WNZ/rTq7d6wqH67kXtY3TCX3BEydZzWOqgr3XdsIosV+QwrzLUhUObOMspsf9uQGxS0cmO/8HFZSiEY08UYs7H1xHfGMF70=">[log in to unmask]

Storrs, Law School

All students and scholars in Life Sciences, including psychology and cognitive sciences; Humanities departments, Education; all School of Law students and scholars.

Amina Kader

[log in to unmask]" shash="Aw6+e8Qcg5cB+cEHiTQDkO0IeYydWNDzuPdwt6uC7OwxizpJDza8DTeo301AKsaaHukBr0pEiDCLcq/uMTXxuJi/mDA48JIpM9Ci9WG5Baun7Q85R1hm4o2n27KaljuVA8N0DDuhuLjy9gQ7v40q23O5o4F7LwzJMlirHVGQMHs=">[log in to unmask]

Storrs and Avery Point

All students and scholars in the Physical Sciences, including Mathematics, Chemistry, Geoscience, Marine Science, Physics and Polymer Science; all students and scholars at Avery Point campus

Neena Kapoor

[log in to unmask]" shash="tsHD+02CluUm3NwHXYEdjNH7Lr9kRM0gieEnJPmmmVcfdTHYOkXwCquVrS2vg64gMybd5fCGYaoCcGA+YClf8O+8R9ljONbXgcUV3UDqEmoT2V7hXgJDATT8+CwEdyZeEChVcJJiq7JrLLQkufDN/wyku92TecxfsKk6GTy0/6A=">[log in to unmask]

Hartford and Graduate Business Learning Center (GBLC)

All students and scholars in the downtown Hartford, Graduate Business Learning Center and School of Social Work programs.

Sarah Manning

[log in to unmask]" shash="PZC2VtORDLPVUzfEi6a2yByXXp5/VGWqzPcJHWbjqGVrrP5FAl3kpFD4McqVi1aDIBsLBsebQqVW/RV5uMm0YX3X0uJhuBYpUZEashxjL+BeUnm2okBIgk68SKkxbXNbsfr8oJjycDyLrnftmijj5oXPLq0kvJ62Tfp+KPu8wTE=">[log in to unmask]

Storrs

All students and scholars in the Social Sciences, including Economics; Fine Arts; and UCAELI.

You may notice two significant changes:

1)      Jennifer King, who currently works with our Engineering students and scholars, is not listed as an advisor. She will soon focus her work primarily on supporting the technical systems that you use to apply for immigration benefits, like the ISSS Portal and our access to the SEVIS database, as Assistant Director for SEVIS Operations. Congratulations Jenn!

2)      Our advisors at the Storrs campus no longer work with only undergraduates, or only graduate students and visiting scholars. An advisor that is assigned to your program or department will work with ALL students enrolled in programs in that department.

If you have a question that you need help with, you can email your advisor directly, or you can always email [log in to unmask] and Natalia, our front desk staff, will make sure your advisor receives your message.

Thank you all, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Rae Alexander
Director

International Student and Scholar Services

UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT

GLOBAL AFFAIRS

2011 Hillside Road, U-1083
STORRS, CT 06269-1083
PHONE: 860.486.3855
EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
ISSS Drop-In Advising:
MON - THU: 1:30  - 3:30 pm

To unsubscribe from the INTERNATIONAL-L list, click the following link:
https://ListServ.Uconn.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=INTERNATIONAL-L&A=1