Good afternoon,

My name is Forrest Bowlick and I'm a lecturer and GIS education researcher coming to you remotely from UMass via South Hadley. On behalf of a team of researchers at the University of Massachusetts – Amherst, I’d like to invite you to participate in a research survey concerning professional practice in geographic information science (GIS). We’re seeking participants in Western Massachusetts and the broader region to complete a web-based survey on how they use GIS in their work. This research will help us understand what GIS practice consists of across a set of knowledge, skills, and practices. This information will help us understand the linkages between GIS practice, geographic and spatial knowledge, and what teaching and learning gaps might exist here at UMass and elsewhere in GIS
education.

If you use GIS in your work, we’d appreciate your participation! We estimate completing
the web-based survey will take 10 to 30 minutes. In addition, you can opt into a follow
up interview for additional questions and conversation. While we are not able to offer
compensation for this work, we greatly appreciate your time and effort in helping us
understand the nature of modern GIS practice.

https://forms.gle/JhZcfYACKQwhEA1XA

For questions, please contact Forrest J. Bowlick, the protocol director, at
[log in to unmask]. This research has been approved by the UMass IRB, #2090.

Take care!

UMass ENGAGE Lab

--
Forrest J. Bowlick