Fall semester will soon begin, and ISSS would like to remind all international students that you must study on a full-time basis every semester.

 Full-time generally means you are taking a minimum of:

·         Bachelor’s - 12 credits/semester

·         Master’s/PhD, with graduate assistantship - 6 credits/semester

·         Master’s/PhD, no graduate assistantship - 9 credits/per semester

·         JD students - 12 credits/semester

·         UCAELI – Participate full time in your IEP, 22 hours/week.

Check Your I-20/DS-2019 Program End Date

In addition to taking the full-time amount of credits, remember you must also complete all program requirements by the program end date listed on your I-20 or DS-2019 form, and plan your courses accordingly. If your I-20/DS-2019 program end date falls within fall semester and you will not be able to complete this semester, you must request an extension of your form. ISSS cannot extend your program end date after it has passed.

Reduced Course Load for Last Semester

If you will graduate in December, and you need fewer than full-time credits to complete your program, you may request permission from ISSS to take a Reduced Course Load for Last Semester. Please submit this request by August 31. Do not complete this request until your course load for Fall semester is confirmed.  Link to application information: https://isss.uconn.edu/part-time-study/#reducedcourseloadforlastsemester

Special Fall 2020 Semester Reminders:

Thank you!

Rae Alexander
Director, International Student & Scholar Services

UConn Global Affairs

International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS)

2011 HILLSIDE ROAD, U-1083

STORRS, CT 06269-1083

PHONE: 860.486.3855
FAX: 860.486.5800

EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
http://isss.uconn.edu

To unsubscribe from the INTERNATIONAL-L list, click the following link:
https://ListServ.Uconn.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=INTERNATIONAL-L&A=1