Dear international students,

Please remember that today is the last day to add or drop courses from your schedule without needing additional signatures. Link to academic calendar: https://registrar.uconn.edu/academic-calendar/

Students in the U.S.

You must be registered in ful-time credits by today to maintain your visa status.

Minimum full-time registration means:

Undergraduates: 12 credits

Graduate students: 9 credits (3 credit full time GRAD courses also count)

Graduate students with a GA: 6 credits

JD students: 12 credits

UCAELI: Enroll in and attend your full time Intensive English Program

If you are enrolled on a part-time basis because you will graduate in December, and you need fewer credits to graduate, you must submit your Last Semester Reduced Course Load request by today. Link to form, and more information: https://isss.uconn.edu/part-time-study/

Students outside the U.S.

Students who are enrolled outside the U.S. this semester who wish to keep an active SEVIS record/I-20 must enroll full time according to the same definition for students in the U.S. (see above). Students outside the U.S. who will graduate this December and need fewer credits must also submit the Last Semester Reduced Course Load if you wish to keep your I-20 active.

Students outside the U.S. who do not want to enroll on a full-time basis, and do not want to keep their SEVIS record/I-20 active while abroad, can ask ISSS to terminate your I-20. Please email [log in to unmask] with this request.

When you are ready to return to the U.S. to resume your in-person study, you must submit a Returning Student I-20/DS-2019 Request to ISSS to get a new I-20 or DS-2019.  Link to form: Returning Student I-20/DS-2019  Request. After returning, you must study for at least 2 semesters on your new I-20 to be eligible for practical training (CPT or OPT).

Please contact your ISSS Advisor or [log in to unmask] with any questions.

Best,

Rae

Rae Alexander
Director, International Student & Scholar Services

UConn Global Affairs

International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS)

2011 HILLSIDE ROAD, U-1083

STORRS, CT 06269-1083

PHONE: 860.486.3855
FAX: 860.486.5800

EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
http://isss.uconn.edu

To unsubscribe from the INTERNATIONAL-L list, click the following link:
https://ListServ.Uconn.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=INTERNATIONAL-L&A=1