Greetings NEARC Community:

As the semester begins I would like to remind the availability of 10 new ArcGIS Pro lessons, Learn Paths, and reflections on migrating these lessons from ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap) to ArcGIS Pro:

https://spatialreserves.wordpress.com/2020/05/14/10-new-arcgis-pro-lesson-activities-learn-paths-and-migration-reflections/

These 10 lessons cover a variety of topics at multiple scales, including climate, land use, demographics, agriculture, natural hazards, and more, with answer keys, guided steps, 100 specific GIS skills fostered, 64 work packages, up to 42 hours of immersive content, and 40 data sources using 85 data layers in total.

The goal of these lessons:  Provide essential and practical skills to find, acquire, format, and analyze public domain spatial data within a GIS environment to make decisions.   Focus is placed on rigorous use of the analytical tools inside ArcGIS Pro, developing critical thinking about data quality, scale, and formats, methodologies, the “what if…” questions, and communication skills including sharing results using ArcGIS Online and web mapping applications (such as storymaps).   The above link includes 2 videos if you prefer to learn about them that way instead of reading the descriptions.

I hope you find these useful and I look forward to your comments!

Joseph Kerski

Joseph J. Kerski, Ph.D., GISP | Education Manager

Esri | 167 S. Taylor Avenue | Louisville CO 80027-3025 | USA

303 449 7779 x1-8237 | M 303 625 3925 | [log in to unmask] | esri.com

https://esriurl.com/josephkerski https://twitter.com/josephkerski

THE SCIENCE OF WHERE ®