Dear students and scholars,

We would like to remind you about international travel procedures if you are traveling outside the U.S. during the upcoming winter break.

Required Documents

All travelers on an F and J visas need to report their travel information to ISSS through the Travel Information Record. You can access the Travel Information Record and other travel information on this webpage

To return from your trip abroad, you will need to present:

It is also wise to carry academic or financial documentation with you to demonstrate you are a bona fide student or exchange visitor. Do not present these extra documents to immigration unless asked, and keep them in your carry-on bag (not checked luggage) in case you are asked to show further documentation.

Remember to submit your new I-94 copy, as well as any new passport or visa copies you receive, through the Immigration Document Update form when you return.

How to Request a Travel Signature

Current Entry and Travel Restrictions

Study Requirements for Spring Semester 2021

We want to remind you that the government still has not announced study rules for international students in the upcoming Spring semester. We will update you as soon as we know whether the government will continue to allow international students on F-1 and J-1 visas to engage in online study and maintain an active SEVIS record. We will update you as soon as we know their plans.

Students can download this travel letter if they wish to have documentation that UConn will offer courses through a variety of course modalities (not just online) for Spring 2021 semester.

Best wishes,

Rae Alexander
Director, International Student & Scholar Services

UConn Global Affairs

International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS)

2011 HILLSIDE ROAD, U-1083

STORRS, CT 06269-1083

PHONE: 860.486.3855
FAX: 860.486.5800

EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
http://isss.uconn.edu

To unsubscribe from the INTERNATIONAL-L list, click the following link:
https://ListServ.Uconn.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=INTERNATIONAL-L&A=1